Lesson 40 A. Exercises with the अस् ending words
Translate the story that follows the table, below:. (Absolutely untrue and NOT from our Puranas.)
|लोकः world M||वृ वारयति to drive away||शीतयितुम् to cool|
|सृष्टिः creation F||याच् 1. A.P. to beg||ऋते except for|
|सवितृ Sun M||गुह् गूहति_ते 1. U.P. to hide.|
|शान्तिः peace F|
|शशकः rabbit M|
|क्षमा forgiveness F|
1. The Creator looked down at His three worlds (निजलोकत्रयम् )
2. He called all the inhabitants of the heavens, " Come Gods, see my creation.
3. This creation arose from my mind.
4. See the Moon and the Sun.
5. That is the Sun.
6. See how he drives away the darkness!
7. That is the Moon.
8. With the Moon's light, peace enters people's minds.
9. On the Moon lives a rabbit.
10. Nothing lives on the Sun.
11. When it is dawn, Apsaras play in the clouds.
12. With their clothes, they hide the Sun and Moon.
13. Then there is nothing but darkness.
14. With this, Durvasa becomes angry with the Apsaras.
15. The Rishis of the forest and the Apsaras beg him for forgiveness.
16. They give him water from that lake and cow's milk to cool his anger.
17. The three worlds (लोकत्रयम् ) are in the sky. ( Remember the Ganesh story 32 C ?)
18. To those who write about the Sun, the Moon and the three worlds, I will give fame.
Answers in the next lesson 40 B
*****************Prev Lesson 40 ----- The Moon on my Head.(अस् ending words) (The Moon on my Head.) Next Lesson 40 B --- Answers to Lesson 40 A. (Answers to Lesson 40 A.)