Lesson 9 B. Answers to questions in Lesson 9 A
1. He is reading. सः पठति ।
2. He is laughing there. सः तत्र हसति।
3. The boy is going to school. बालकः विद्यालयं गच्छति ।
4. Ram is going to the village. रामः ग्रामं गच्छति ।
5. The king is going elsewhere. नृपः अन्यत्र गच्छति ।
6. Where is the boy laughing? बालकः कुत्र हसति ।
7. Ram and Ishwar are studying. रामः ईश्वरः च पठतः।
8. Ram is namaskaaring Ishwar. रामः ईश्वरं नमति ।
9. The two are reading here. तौ अत्र पठतः।
10. Two boys are laughing. बालकौ हसतः।
11. Two men are going to the village. मनुष्यौ ग्रामं गच्छतः ।
12. Two boys are going to school. बालकौ विद्यालयं गच्छतः ।
13. All the boys are laughing. बालकाः हसन्ति ।
14. All the men are going to the village. मनुष्याः ग्रामं गच्छन्ति ।
15. All the boys are namaskaaring Ram. बालकाः रामं नमन्ति ।
16. Ram is namaskaaring all the boys. रामः बालकान् नमति ।
1. सः पठतः। सः पठति ।
2. सः पठन्ति । ते पठन्ति ।
3. तौ पठति । तौ पठतः ।
4. ते पठति । ते पठन्ति ।
5. बालकः हसन्ति । बालकः हसति ।
6. सः गच्छन्ति । सः गच्छति ।
7. रामः ग्रामः गच्छन्ति। रामः ग्रामं गच्छति ।
8. ते किं पठति। ते किं पठन्ति ।
9. ते किम् पठन्ति । ते किं पठन्ति ।
How was the goin' ?
Summing up Month 1.
What you would have achieved at the end of Month 1.
• When to use म् and when to use an अनुस्वार।
• How to correctly write a word with अनुनासिक व्यञ्जन s.
• How to correctly pronounce म् or an अनुस्वार ending word depending
on what letter follows it.
• That nouns and pronouns may be masculine, feminine or neuter.
• That nouns, pronouns and verbs can be singular, dual or plural.
• That all "same ending" masculine words are declined alike.
• Ditto for same ending feminine words. Ditto neuter.
• Suffixes have to be added to a verb root form to match the subject.
• That nouns or pronouns have to be attached to a preposition before
they can be used.
• That the subject is picked from the प्रथमा विभक्ति।
• That the object is picked from the द्वितीया विभक्ति ।
• That Sanskrit verbs are so familiar simply because we use them
everyday when speaking our own mother tongue.
• That wherever is the place that one is going to, the place falls in the
द्वितीया विभक्ति । That is, it ends in a म् or an अनुस्वार ।
• That अव्यय- s are words that do not change their form.
And that's tremendous progress, if i do say so myself!
Now we go to the next lesson 9 C in second Month.
Prev Lesson 9 A--- Exercises in sentence building. (Exercises ) Next Lesson 9 C--- By the way (Nouns and words)