Lesson 30 A. Appetizer Lesson Exercises with the तुमन्त अव्यय
|सोपानम् ladder N||प्रेष् 10. P.P. to send|| अहर्निशम्
day and night
|आवश्यकः - कं -की necessary|
|सफलता success F||पर्याप्तः - तं - ता sufficient|
|स्थालिका plate F|
1. She brought a ladder to climb a tree.
2. The storyteller sat under a tree to tell a story to the people of the village.
3. I brought flowers from the garden to worship God.
4. To hear the teacher's words, the student sat close to her.
5. Mother, to clean the table, brought ( a piece of) cloth.
6. The king to protect the people, sent soldiers outside the city to fight.
7. It is not possible for me to eat this laddoo. ( Translate it as अहं ........... न शक्नोमि )
8. I said to you the day before yesterday, " To obtain success in your examinations, day and night studying is not necessary. ( how's that for Indian English?...what i mean to say is ...it is not necessary to study all day! )
9. To serve his Gurudeva, the boy went to the ashrama.
10. I want to write a letter in Sanskrit and I also want to speak in Sanskrit.
Answers follow in Lesson 30 B
Prev Lesson 30 ---- तुमन्त अव्यय s. ( तुमन्त अव्यय ) Next Lesson 30 B --- Appetizer Lesson Answers to Lesson 30 A. and words for greeting and courtesey ( शिष्टाचारः ) (Answers to Lesson 30 A.)