One of the oldest Saraswat temples, the Uma Maheshwar Temple was originally a family temple, but it was given by the community and consecrated in 1805 AD (Phalgun shuddha dashami, Raktakshi Samvatsara) in the Presence of our 5th Mathadhipati - Parama Pujya Keshavashram Swamiji.
Renovated twice in 1823 and 1935, the land adjoining the temple was bought to erect a Samadhi-sthal after the 6th Mathadhipati Parama Pujya Vamanashram Swamiji’s sudden demise. The sacred complex came to be known as Samadhi Math.
A marble idol of Shri Gopalakrishna and then in 1893, a large idol of Lord Dattatreya were consecrated herein during Parama Pujya Pandurangashram Swamiji’s time. The Sanskrit and Kannada-medium schools started in the temple precincts in 1870 eventually metamorphosed into the historic Ganapathy High School!