Lesson 24 A . Buffet Lesson Exercises with Yushmad.
Since there are no special instructions to be given regarding the Yushmad forms, i didn't think it necessary to have a separate concept lesson. Let's get into the Buffet exercises directly.
| वित्तकोषः bank M
|| यदि If
| दूरभाषः telephone M
|| तर्हि Only then
telephone number M
| सम्भाषणम् conversation N
चर्चा discussion F
| कोषः pocket M
पुरोहितः priest M
Note: यदि and तर्हि are used in combination in a sentence just like 'neither-nor', 'either-or' etc.
1. I am going to the bank.
2. I see you there.
3. I ask you for money. ( Use याच् 1. A.P. to beg/ to ask for. Both , what you ask for and whom you ask it of, fall into the द्वितीया विभक्ति |)
4. You give me money.
5. I give you my telephone number.
6. From you I get your telephone number.
7. By telephone, our conversation happens. ( oh, dear.)
8. We are meeting in the restaurant for a meal.
9. There, our discussion is also happening.
10. Afterwards, if i have faith in you, only then i am giving you money .
B. Fill in the blanks with the correct forms of युष्मद् | s= singular, d=dual, p=plural.
1. ________________(d) मम मित्रे स्थः |
2. पुरोहितः _________ (s) पुष्पं यच्छति |
3. ________________ (s) अहं पुस्तकं नयामि |
4. _______________ (p) विद्यालयः तत्र अस्ति |
5. ________________ (p) सह , सा अपि आगच्छति |
6. ते ______________(d) पश्यन्तु |
7. _________________(p) एषः अतिचतुरः | ( Tricky one.)
Answers follow in the next Lesson 24 B
Prev Lesson 23 E -- Summing Up Month 4 (Summing up M4)
Next Lesson 24 B -- Buffet Lesson Answers to Lesson 24 A. (Answers to Lesson 24 A)