Lesson 9 D Vibhaktis- Exercises
|जनकः father M||क्रीड् (क्रीडति to play)||इदानीम् now|
|पुत्रः son M||पत् (पतति to fall )||अधुना now|
शिक्षकः / अध्यापकः teacher M
स्मृ (स्मरति to remember)
धाव् (धावति to run)
|यदा when... used in a statement|
|नरः man M||जि (जयति to win/conquer)||तदा then|
| सूर्यः sun M
चन्द्रः moon M
| नी (नयति to take away)
प्रच्छ् (पृच्छति to ask)
Used in a question.
| प्रश्नः question M
शिष्यः student M
|हृ (¬हरति to take away/steal)||सदा always|
|प्राज्ञः / पण्डितः a wise man M||चल् (चलति to walk)||सर्वदा always|
|सज्जनः a good man M||एकदा once|
|दुर्जनः a bad man M|
1. The boy is running.
2. The good man conquers the bad man.
3. The student and the teacher fall.
4. You look at the sun.
5. I am looking at the moon.
6. The bad man takes away/ steals the son.
7. The father remembers the son now.
8. The student asks a question.
9. ( A tricky one coming up...keep your antennae tuned...) The student asks the teacher.
10. The student asks the teacher a question.( i feel perfectly wicked!!!)
11. You play here.
12. When does the teacher speak?
13. When the student asks a question, the teacher speaks.
14. The son speaks to the father.
15. The boy looks at the sun and the moon always.
16. He remembers the tree.
17. The sun and the moon look at the tree.
18. The tree falls here.
19. The tree runs there.
20. I take away the tree( it's a small one!)
21. When I laugh you laugh.
22. The wise man is eating here.
23. The many bad men are writing everywhere.
24. The two good men are reading.
25. The teacher remembers the two questions.
26. The two students bow down ( Namaskara) to the sun, the moon, the trees and the two teachers.
27. The son walks.
28. He falls.
29. He speaks to father.
30. The son and the father play elsewhere.
31. Once a king goes to school.
32. You speak once.
33. I speak always.
34. The two of you play here always.
35. When do you speak?
36. When I ask a question, you speak.
37. When are all of you going to Gokarna?
38. The king conquers the many bad men always.
Check your answers against those given in Lesson 9 E.
If this marathon session has been a good one, we'll move onto Lesson 10. dealing with a new concept. The neuter Gender, but, after you have checked your answers with the ones given in 9 E!
Prev Lesson 9 C--- By the way (Nouns and words) Next Lesson 9 E--- Answers to 9 D (Answers to Lesson 9 D)